I’ve been meaning to make a headband holder for my girls since forever and finally had a chance today! On the left is one of my complete no sew holders. I made two of these today (one set for each daughter) but once you figure out what needs to be done it’s fairly simple.
I have seen this style with just the top part, but as I create hair accessories that I sell on my other blog-Mbellishd-check it out!, my girls needed more space so I added the bottom section. I think I may add a third sometime as well. I also plan to add two white hooks on the very bottom for their pony holders.
I figured I will share how I did it with step-by step pix and instructions. Hope it’s all easily understood! Let me know if you have any questions:)
What you need:
1 roll of paper towel per section
embellishment for ends (can be buttons flowers etc.)
material (app. 19″ x 22″ for each roll)
4.25 feet of ribbon (not pictured)
You want to get your paper towel roll to about 5-5.25″, so unroll the excess until you get to desired width
Glue down the last paper
Start by gluing an edge to the roll. It’s ok if this side is fraying from the cut, later you will cover it.
Roll it towards the other end leaving a few inches for the next part.
Instead of sewing a seam to prevent fraying at this end, just fold over a tiny bit and glue it down.
Now bring up that edge and glue it over the other one, covering it with the nice section you just created.
Tuck in all the ends by pleating, gluing then pushing the edges into the hole.
Try to do this as taut possible.
It should look something like this.
Now is when you add the ribbon.
It’s all personal taste but these are my measurements.
To hold the two rolls I used about 8″ on either end. Just glue the ends and tuck them into the holes.
For the hanging portion I used about 35″ of which you glue and tuck them into the roll you deem will be the top.
Glue your embellishment to the ends of the rolls.
Here I chose silk flowers. If you noticed in the above picture, the centers here are crystal as opposed to the yellow it came with. I took apart the flower and switched it the the crystal which I liked better for this project.
Finally! The finished product.
And here it is with headbands.
For an updated version click here.